ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

UP,CLOSE & PERSONAL WITH Miss SUSAN HARVEY aka GOLDIE

 This surely has been Miss Susan Harvey better known and called GOLDIE'S season, everything she touches since signing on to Kennies Music  label seem to turn to GOLD, her performances this days are always something to look forward to-high energy dance & choreography,over the top and in your face costumes, a totally mind-blowing package all together, things are surely on the roll, and her songs are enjoying massive airplay, we recently met and we had this conversation, just so to reveal the mind behind it all. ENJOY!!!!!                                                                                                                                          Your career seems to be on the high now. What did you finally do to put it on the right path?                                                                               Uhmmm... I’m not aware that I’m doing anything different to what I’ve always done. I just feel people are more used to my style and type of music now. People have grown to appreciate the brand; so to speak.
What makes you tick? What inspires you? And how do you come about your lyrics?                                                                                                  I’m inspired by life; our experiences as human beings; the interpersonal relationships between us on a day to day basis. I love to study the human mind and I see myself as a sort of “natural psychologist” meaning I know how the human mind works... Well, most of the time sha!!!!!.
                                                                                                                                                              How do you cope with the many unsavoury rumours that fly around about you?                                                                     Hahaha! Rumours are part of the territory. I think the rumours stem from the fact that most people know so little about me. I’m a sort of enigma. As a result, most people make up stories of who they think I am or who they think I should be; and the result is all these unsavoury rumours. I used to be bothered about them, now my music keeps me so busy, I don’t even have time to hear about what is being said. At the end, those who really love you and care for you know who you really are, what you’re capable of and won’t believe baseless rumours. In the end, that’s all that matters.

  Goldie as a brand name. What does it reflect about you?            Is there any difference between Goldie and Susan Harvey?              I think they’re one and the same. The only difference is Susan is very shy and reclusive. Goldie has to appear bold because she’s very theatrical in her approach to her music and stage craft. Goldie as a brand stands for the confident unconventional lady. One who isn’t afraid to set new boundaries for herself; one who will go against the grain, regardless of personal circumstance to achieve lots more than what the world thinks she’s capable of; one who isn’t afraid to reach higher, aim for more at all times. This is what my brand stands for.

 When are you at your most creative best?                                                      Two times. When I’m emotionally charged, ie when something strikes a deep chord inside me and I feel really emotional about it. It might be a personal circumstance, a tragedy or perhaps a very significant occurrence; Life changing perhaps in a positive way. The second times are when I’m having fun and just playing around. I’m in love with the unserious part of creativity. It just brings out the best in playful entertaining music.
                                                                                                                                                             Why the overtly sexual and ultra strong ego? Would one be right to suggest you are Nigeria’s Lady Gaga?                                                                                                                                                          I don’t think I’m overtly sexual. I’m just very in tune with my femininity. I am a lady, who loves to look good. I wear clothes that flatter my figure. On stage, like I mentioned earlier, I am very theatrical; plus I’ve heard that I’m very energetic. Hahaha! So maybe that is why people may want to compare me to lady gaga.








 Who are your musical and business icons and why..?                  Musical icons. Madonna, Elton John, Michael Jackson. I love these people because of the passion they brought to their music and their craft. Decades after they first emerged, their music is still selling millions.                                                                                                                                          Business Icons. Mike Adenuga, Donald Trump, Aliko Dangote and Oprah Winfrey. They are hard working, very hands on business people and focused.

Interviewed by Abiola ALOBA

No comments: