ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

VENUS WILLIAMS DIAGONOSED WITH SJOGREN'S SYDROME


Former Grand-slam champion Venus Williams has withdrawn from the 2011 US Open Tennis Championship, and the reason is because she was diagnosed with a new auto-immune disease known as Sjogren's syndrome, even after winning her 1st match. In her statement today, she said-
           
''I have been recently diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome, an autoimmune disease which is an ongoing medical condition that affects my energy level and causes fatigue and joint pain.''
''I enjoyed playing my first match here and wish I could continue but right now I am unable to. 'I am thankful I finally have a diagnosis and am now focused on getting better and returning to the court soon.''
"'I'm really disappointed to have to withdraw from this year's US Open.''

Sad news, but we hope she gets better and defeats the disease.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a shame. I pray for her too; that she gets better soon: we still love yu in the courts!