ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

TYRA BANKS COVERS ARISE MAGAZINE

Tyra Banks is the next cover of Arise International Magazine. The ex-Supermodel and mogul at 38 years old still looks stunning any day. The new edition also features the top 100 women, the Heroines helping to shape Africa in all their areas of influence. Some of those top hundred are top designers Deola Sagoe, Folake Folarin-Coker, Lisa Folawiyo, Ayo Obe, Genevieve Nnaji, Oluchi Orlandi, Sophie Okonedo, Liya Kebede and others. 

In the edition Tyra revealed a lot more about herself- 

Guilty pleasure?
 
Popping pimples! 


Favourite word?
 
Smize. It was an accident so that's why I like it. I created this word because for years on Top Model I'd say smile with your eyes, smile with your eyes. I’m always watching myself, because I watch it [the show] more than the average person as I’m in the editing bay, and I'd be like ‘This is so long’ and one day I was like ‘smize!’

What gives me satisfaction is I've been in a restaurant totally incognito in the corner and there's a group of girls who don't know I'm there and they’re like 'Let’s take a group picture... smize!' And I'm like 'Oh my gosh'. I'm proud of that word. 

Life philosophy? 
 
Have tunnel vision but do not forget your personal life. I'm all about teaching people to go for your goals, work extra hard, tunnel vision, tunnel vision. Now I say have tunnel vision but don't forget your personal life. Now I talk to them about not forgetting your friends; yes you have to sacrifice but don't forget your family, don’t forget if you want to have children. I waited too late for all of that. So I feel it's important to have the balance, and I'm learning that now.

Earliest fashion memory?
 
Me sitting on the edge of the bath tub while my mother beats her face [i.e. puts on a tonne of make-up]. That's where I learnt to be a drag queen – from my mother. She likes a lot of make-up and I like a lot.

No comments: