ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WHY I DROPPED THE ARABAMBI TITLE- PASUMA

+ K1’S ALLEGED ROMANCE WITH DAUGHTER
 SAYS “I AM LOYAL TO K1 AND HIS ALLEGED AFFAIR WITH MY DAUGHTER IS RUBBISH”
PASUMA

K1

On Sunday October 21, 2012, Fuji star Pasuma Wonder publicly denounced the Arabambi title and proclaimed himself Oganla 1 of Fuji music. This he did at the 70th birthday party of Movie veteran Idowu Phillips popularly known as Mama Rainbow. Dropping the Arabambi title has generated loads controversies, and many are of the opinion that he must have fallen out with the King of Fuji Music,K1 De ultimate over irreconcilable differences

On why he has chosen to create his own clan  Pasuma said “ I have my reasons for leaving the Arabambi Clan to create my own identity. I start by explaining the word Oganla to everyone. We are all God's creation and have our purposes on earth. At particular points in our lives, we are expected to have achieved certain things and no matter how reluctant you are, God’s will for one's life is irreversible. Oganla means, the boss of all bosses. Let me explain it clearly, so that it won't be misconstrued. I have been used by God to create a family and made the leader of that family and the family is Oganla. It is a Yoruba word that means big boss. So, since it is time for me to do according to God’s will, I needed to find a name that will not only appeal to all, but will also have a meaning and that will befit my new status. You see when the time is right in anything you do in life ,you will know. This is being done at the right time and I felt there was the need to do it and so as create my own peculiar identity. I had been bearing the name Arambambi 2 for several years, but I felt the time was right for me to create my own identity. This is the new Pasuma and it has to be accepted the way I present it.. We are going into a new year and it is my new- year resolution” 

Speaking further on how long it took him,  to make up his mind to denounce the Arabambi family and if it would not create enmity between him and K1. He responded thus “the word denounce is not the right word. The right word is “Maturity”.  I have grown and needed to start my own family. Let’s take for example when a father gives birth to a child,the child bears his father’s name and remain under his tutelage for a particular period of time. Someday he will grow matured enough to get married and start his own family. Will the father be happy or sad? Of course he will be happy, and would even be looking forward to having grandchildren and great grandchildren. The same thing applies here.
 MORE AFTER THE BREAK. PLEASE CLICK ON READ MORE

 I am still loyal to K1, but I am like that child ,who needs to leave his father and start his own family.K1 would surely be happy to see me grow and matured enough to create my own family in the fuji music sector. It’s however very funny how people go about,  spreading unfounded rumours about how K1 and I are not on good terms. Have you heard anything like we are not on good terms or that we are having disagreements over anything? Is it a crime or a sin for a man to act like a man and be independent? If at a certain age a man still lives in his father’s house, he will be regarded as an irresponsible man. If a man still depends on his parent, do you think you will be respected? No he will not. Let’s imagine that a man attains that age of maturity and was ready to live his own life, will his father not be happy? He surely will be, because you have even given him reasons to be proud of you.

This is not about K1, it is about me wanting to do my own thing. It is about me making an independent move, but since there is no way people won’t bring K1 into it. I wish to make it clear now that K1 will be happy for me. He has always known, I will grow up to start my family someday. Arabambi was created by K1 and I have done my own thing called Oganla. Let me take you back a little. You all must be aware that K1 used to be Wasiu Ayinde Barrister, before he changed his name to KWAM 1. Barrister was his father and they were very close till he died. But he changed his name and dropped the Barrister tag to create his own identity and the same thing is what I have done now. So Barrister is my Grand Father, K1 is my father and I am the son creating a new identity and new path for myself. Like I said earlier, I am still loyal to him and everyone in the industry knows that. I don’t see any reason why, anyone would start thinking there is a fight between us, else the person has a shallow mind. I remain 100% loyal to him. As a matter of fact, Oganla is affiliated to Arabambi except that I no longer bear the name Arabambi 2 but Oganla 1”
 
Right now, rumours making round in the music industry is that Pasuma fell out with K1,over allegation of an illicit affair between K1 & Pasuma's daughter Wasilat. Responding to this, his manager Afolabi Oyekoya had this to say “this is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. Yes, he has moved on to create his own identity, but why would people be so shallow minded to insinuate issues like this. It’s an insult to K1 and Pasuma. Why on earth would anyone even bring Pasuma's daughter into this issue? To be frank, there is no Iota of truth in the allegation. There is no misunderstanding between Pasuma and K1 so I don’t understand why people just want to create a big deal out of nothing. On a normal day, he would not have responded to such issues, but with the sort of society we live in, such grave allegations should not be left unchallenged, especially when it is untrue. Bringing an innocent young girl into this is an insult to the father and he detests the carriers of such falsehood
Pasuma's daughter should be left out of it, because she's not involved in her father’s career nor why he denounced the Arabambi clan to create his own identity. 
Pasuma who is busy rehearsing for his new album scheduled for release in December 2012 added that “people say a lot of things when issues like this arise. As far as I am concerned, I am not bothered about the rumour(s) because, it is total rubbish and irrelevant. I remain loyal to K1 and the rumour(s) were created to cause a misunderstanding between us, but that will not happen because we are matured enough to handle it”

No comments: