|JIDE KOSOKO & K1 THE ULTIMATE|
So who backs down first? The next few days would tell.
We came across some demands, thought to have been made by a cross section of Nigerians and we thought to bring it your attention.
OCCUPY NIGERIA. Fellow Nigerians,
Nigeria belongs to all of us. Nobody has any greater stake or right to her than you and I.
We must therefore reclaim Nigeria from our tormentors.
The present struggle is not just about the removal of subsidy on petroleum. It is also about good governance and also
about a fight against the unbelievable level of corruption in government.
Our tormentors said we must sacrifice to secure our future. No sermon is as powerful as a good personal example. They must lead by example and we would follow.
Our demand should be the following and we would accept no less.
1. THERE MUST BE IN PLACE A LAW THAT MAKES STEALING PUBLIC FUNDS AN OFFENCE PUNISHABLE WITH PUBLIC EXECUTION.
2. THE IMMUNITY CLAUSE MUST GO BOTH AT THE FEDERAL AND STATE LEVELS .
3. THE PRESIDENT MUST SELL OFF ALL THE AIRCRAFT IN THE PRESIDENTIAL FLEET. (The Prime Minister of Britain a much bigger economy does not have one and travels with British Airways.)
4. THE PRESIDENT'S SALARY AND ALLOWANCES MUST NOT EXCEED $200,000. (Our President has no reason, whatsoever , to earn more than the American President.)
5. THE PRESIDENTIAL VILLA MUST BE SOLD OUT AND BE REPLACED WITH NO MORE THAN A 6-BEDROOM HOUSE.
(The British Prime Minister lives in a 3-bedroom apartment.)
6. FEEDING IN THE PRESIDENTIAL AND VP LODGE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 1MILLION NAIRA PER MONTH. (Presently it is 90million Naira per month for both.)
7. NO LEGISLATOR SHALL EARN MORE THAN A PERMANENT SECRETARY.
8. NO GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL SHALL HAVE MORE THAN ONE OFFICIAL CAR.
9. NO GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL OR APPOINTEE WOULD BE ENTITLED TO FOREIGN MEDICAL TREATMENT. (Whatever is provided for the citizens should be good enough for our officials.)
10. THERE SHALL BE NO OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY AT THE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT LEVELS.