ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

......AND I KNOW THIS IYANYA O- BULL'S EYE BY JOSEPH SAMPSON EDGAR

IYANYA
JOSEPH SAMPSON EDGAR
As I was about to check out this afternoon, Iyanya came on screen and captured my attention. This Ibibio boy has really made good and i am so proud of him. His songs, mannerisms, swag has really propelled him in the music world.
I once met him with my good friend Azuka Ogujiuba somewhere in Ikoyi. His Calabar accent struck me, he never make money yet then, so the American accent never come that time. We spoke a little bit about his life and his victory at the MTN reality programme. He came across as a very well grounded young man, who knew very clearly his role in life and knew he would not be distracted by any body or anything for that matter.

As we spoke, a lot of young models were fluttering past in different stages of undress. Apparently Azuka had taken me to a modelling agency. I was in a state of shock and was gasping for breath. Well as a Calabar man too, it was not their skinny bodies that was shocking me, but the carefree nature they were throwing nipples at me. This was quite eye opening for me.

Iyanya too was not fazed and acted as if we were in church. We continued speaking and his gesticulations and mannerisms showed his inner childlike nature. He looked quite good and fresh and you could smell that he had just woken from the Deep sleep that poverty had put him in and was cock sure that he was running very far from it at full speed.

Iyanya has been able to prove that my people are also good at other forms of music. Since Mandators put us in bondage, every Calabar/Ibibio man see themselves as budding Reggae stars. All you see on the streets of Uyo are dirty dreadlocks wearing guys, with the hapless guitar strung across there lean shoulders. The fact that the world had moved on was nothing to them.

Iyanya has broken that glass ceiling and has shown that we can compete with the best. Well done Ayineka and may your road continue to be straight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So as u make money na so americana accent go come? Chai the united states of America people don suffer for naija people wey dey speak americana hand, true!

Anonymous said...

Lol@ since mandators put us in bondage....tk ur time o Edgar. I actually liked Mandators.....love inyanya mo tho......kemkem