|DR MIKE ADENUGA|
|PROFESSOR ATTAHIRU JEGA|
|ERELU BISI ADELEYE-FAYEMI|
|GOV. BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA SAN|
|PRESIDENT GOODLUCK E .A JONATJAN|
|SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI|
|PROFESSOR CHUKWUMA SOLUDO|
1. Professor Attahiru Jega-the INEC boss, who just conducted the last election,the university professor seems to have done well for himself, so say this last election is the fairest and most credible election in the history of Nigeria, while some disagree.
2. President Goodluck Ebele Azikwe Jonathan-GCFR-President & Commander in Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria & unarguably the most populous black nation on Earth, who was just sworn in a couple of days ago, and so very much is been expected of him. Some say, he is one of the luckiest people ever, many are hoping his luck would lead the country into a boom time, and are also expecting good and purposeful leadership.
3. Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola-SAN-This very well trained lawyer, who has reached the pinnacle of the law profession, having the equivalent of the Queen's counsel(QC)-Senior Advocate of Nigeria, is the Action Governor of the Economic base of Nigeria-LAGOS,his exemplary leadership and purposefulness has brought about new energy and expectations.
WOMEN OF INFLUENCE
4. Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi- The gorgeous and cerebral wife of the Governor of Ekiti State-Dr Kayode Fayemi, she is the co-founder of African Women's Development Fund(AWDF),the first Africa-wide grant-making fund,which supports the work of organisations promoting women's right in Africa.
BUSINESS & FINANCE
5. Aliko Dangote-What more can be said, after the highly respected Forbes has rated him, the richest black man on Earth, said to be worth an estimated US$14 cool billions, he started business with a #500,000 loan from his uncle 34 years ago, he is now said to control 45% of NIGERIA'S CEMENT MARKET,he has his tentacles in many other pies, and he is not relenting.
6. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala- The first Nigerian woman to have been the minister for finance and also minister for foreign affairs, an extraordinary leader, who left her mark, she helped in the successful negotiation of eliminating the Nigeria's external foreign debt, she is said to be a very eloquent speaker.
7. Tony Elumelu-Until not too long ago, the Group managing director of one of the biggest banks in Nigeria-UBA Plc, now the boss of HEIRS Holdings who only just bought Transcorp-Nigeria's comatose conglomerate,there are unconfirmed rumours he might become a special adviser to the president or even a minister of the federal republic.
8.Jim Ovia- Another banker extraordinaire, who until recently used to call the shots at Zenith Bank,a bank he founded in 1990, unarguably one of the first 3 biggest banks in the country, he also calls the shot at one of the fastest growing communications network in Nigeria-Visafone,who very recently bought over MultiLinks another telecoms company.
9. Wale Tinubu- Group Managing Director/CEO of OANDO,one of the biggest players in the Oil & Gas sector, the company is competitively engaged in the upstream & downstream sector, the company is said to be worth about $3billion now.
10. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi-CBN governor, the revolutionary & fearless head of Nigeria's apex bank, who since he came in has tried to sanitise the banking sector,that was heading towards a catastrophe, one must commend him for doing a fantastic job so far.
11. Arnold Ikpe- MD/CEO of Africa's 1st Pan-African multinational, with sound footing in over 30 Countries, he has had over 28 years African and International banking experience, such is his pedigree, that he is very well respected by his colleagues.
12. Evelyn Oputu-The First ever female & second Managing director & CEO of the Bank of Industry, acknowledged by many as a beauty with brains, an extraordinary women, doing a great job.
13. Otunba DR.Micheal Adenuga- What more can be said about this colossus, many call ''the guru'', its like Midas has blessed him specially, and everything he touches is a resounding success,he owns the 2nd National telecoms carrier Globacom, which is reputed to be the fastest growing network in Africa, he owns Consolidated Oil & Gas reputed to be the 1st indigenous company to have struck oil in commercial quantity,he also controls CONOIL, while also owning Equatorial Trust Bank, reputed to be one of the biggest real estate owners in Nigeria, need anyone say more.Even Forbes acknowledged him to be one of the richest black men on Earth,though his true value couldn't be estimated.
14. Arunma Oteh-The Director General of Securities Exchange Commission of Nigeria, the organisation that controls the capital market, before this she had made a name for herself at African Development Bank.
15. Oby Ezekwesili-Vice President of the African section of the World Bank. One of the duo who helped to put Nigeria on the world map for all the best reasons at the time of the Obasanjo led Government, a very brilliant and very well respected lady, she co-founded Transparency International, she was 1st the Federal Minister of Solid Minerals and later that of Education during the Obasanjo regime.
16. Professor Chukwuma Soludo-Former CBN governor and a world renowned Economists, before becoming the governor of Nigeria's apex bank, he was the Chief Economic Adviser to the President, the first class degree holder is one of the most respected Nigerians world-wide.
17. Prince Nduka Obaigbena-Publisher of THISDAY newspapers, our own media mogul who is set to conquer the world, he recently became the President of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria(NPAN) and he his known to be very connected.
FASHION & DESIGN
18. Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi-The presently pregnant Top model, married to American designer Luca Orlandi is a doting mother of one, the first ever winner at 17 years old ,of the inaugural edition of the MNET Face of Africa Competition, since then she has done her stuff at some of the best fashion shows in the world, for some of the biggest names-Chanel,Dior,Armani & even Victoria Secret's, & one of the greatest things she has done is setting up her own model agency OModels Africa in S.A to support & inspire young African girls into the industry.
AUTHORS & POETS
19. Chinua Achebe-born Albert Chinualumogu Achebe,on November,16,1930. Reputed to be Africa's most widely read novelist-remember ''Things fall apart'', ''No Longer at ease'', ''Arrow of God'', ''A Man of the people'', amongst several novels.
20. Professor Wole Soyinka- First ever African to win the Nobel Prize in Literature, and one of the most recognized , world renowned playwright,poet & writer, 77 years old this year, born 13,July,1934. He his a cousin to the late Fela Anikulapo Kuti, he is the founder of the pyrates confraternity.
21. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie-Her first ever novel-Purple Hibiscus was shortlisted for the prestigious Orange prize & won the Commonwealth Writers' Best First Book Prize, her 2nd book Half of a Yellow Sun, won her the Orange Prize for Fiction in 2007, born September 15,1977, she still has many more awards to win.
22. Nneka Egbuna- Her 2 icons are Fela Anikulapo Kuti & Ken Saro Wiwa, this new kid on the block in only a very short while has made great impact.
23. Genevieve Nnaji- Our very own superstar actress in the mould of Julia Roberts & Angelina Jolie,she has appeared in over 200 Nollywood productions and still counting, she was recently at the Cannes Film Festival where she was a hailed as a shining star.
24. Chiwetel Ejiofor- The British Actor of Stage and Screen is of Nigerian descent. He is rated has one of the best in the industry.
Other Africans mentioned were
Dr. Asha-Rose Migiro-TANZANIA
Nelson Mandela-SOUTH AFRICA
Julius Malema-SOUTH AFRICA
Jacob Zuma-SOUTH AFRICA
Salva Kiir-SOUTH SUDAN
Helen Zille-SOUTH AFRICA
Ayaan Hirsi Ali-SOMALIA
Professor Wanagari Maathai-KENYA
Dr Frannie Leautier-TANZANIA
Dr Precious Moloi-Motsepe-SOUTH AFRICA
Tokyo Sexwale-SOUTH AFRICA
Tidjane Thiam-COTE d'IVOIRE
Vincent Le Guennou-COTE d' IVOIRE
Trevor Manuel-SOUTH AFRICA
Nicky Oppenheimer-SOUTH AFRICA
Thierry Tanoh-COTE d'IVOIRE
Cyril Ramaphosa-SOUTH AFRICA
Jean-Louis Ekra-COTE d'IVOIRE
Isha Sesay-SIERRA LEONE
Ferial Haffajee-SOUTH AFRICA
Emna Ben Jemaa-TUNISIA
Branko Brkic-SOUTH AFRICA
Cheick Modibo Diarra-MALI
Dr Thebe Rodney Medupe-SOUTH AFRICA
Dr Rashika el Ridi-EGYPT
Mark Shuttleworth-SOUTH AFRICA
Ngugi wa Thiong'O-KENYA
Lebo Mashile-SOUTH AFRICA
Bishop Desmond Tutu-SOUTH AFRICA
Otumfuo Osei Tutu II-ASANTEHENE,GHANA
Dr John Sentamu-UGANDA
Aliaune Thiam-aka Akon-SENEGAL
Hamada Ben Amor-aka-El General-TUNISIA
Angelique Kidjo- BENIN
Idris Elba-SIERRA LEONE
Didier Drogba-COTE d'IVOIRE
Danny Alexander Jordaan-SOUTH AFRICA