ECOBANK The Pan African Bank

ECOBANK The Pan African Bank
... Explore unlimited possiblities with Ecobank Digital *326#

Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA'S LETTER ABOUT ''BECOMING THE FATHER HE NEVER HAD''




He is the President of the United States of America and always referred to as the 'most powerful man on Earth', while being that and most importantly, he is a husband and the FATHER to 2 very adorable daughters, as part of the Father's day activities, he showed a very mild side of himself , when he penned this open letter about becoming a father, he never  had,  he might be speaking out the minds of some others, who never had any father figures in their lives to look up to, and who now are fathers themselves.                                                                                                                                                                          ''I grew up without a father around. I have certain memories of him taking me to my first jazz concert and giving me my first basketball as a Christmas present. But he left when I was two years old.
And even though my sister and I were lucky enough to be raised by a wonderful mother and caring grandparents, I always felt his absence and wondered what it would have been like if he had been a greater presence in my life. I still do. It is perhaps for this reason that fatherhood is so important to me, and why I've tried so hard to be there for my own children.

That's not to say I've always been a perfect dad. I haven't. When Malia and Sasha were younger, work kept me away from home more than it should have. At times, the burden of raising our two daughters has fallen too heavily on Michelle. During the campaign, not a day went by that I didn't wish I could spend more time with the family I love more than anything else in the world.

But through my own experiences, and my continued efforts to be a better father, I have learned something over the years about what children need most from their parents.''

1 comment:

Ibifiri Kamson said...

I love Obama's speech or letter.. Really a father should always be there for their children.
www.secretlilies.blogspot.com